At times the fact that everyone receives a little something different based on their beauty profile in their monthly Birchbox leaves me wracked with jealousy as I scroll through peoples' Instagram, Twitter, and blog posts. This month, my box is likely to be the one evoking a little envy, so apologies in advance.
Birchbox joined with Women's Health Magazine to bring in spring with a "Tiny Tweaks, Big Results" themed box. After a brutal winter, I know I have a lot of tweaking needed to get my skin, hair, and eye area back in shape. I included my own little spring apartment tweak in the photo above -- check out my new ikat pillowcase!
Here's what was in my box:
- Atelier Cologne Orange Sanguine Cologne Absolue: A fresh blend of blood orange, jasmine, and geranium notes.
- Mirenesse Glossy Kiss Lipstick: User-friendly lip pencil in Starlet
- Ojon rare blend hair oil: Tricolored oil that combats dullness and frizz
- Supergoop! SPF 40 Anti-Aging Eye Cream: An eye cream with serious sun protection and oat peptide complex
- Simple Revitalizing Eye Roll On: Cucumber extract and vitamin goodness to reduce puffiness and wake up tired eyes
- Bonus: Kusmi Tea bags in Detox and Be Cool.
While general consensus seems to be a disdain for perfume samples, the citrus scented Atelier Cologne was one of my favorite products in the Tweak It Girl box, and this perfect postcard shared a little story on the back about the perfume:
"It was the kind of moment you want to revisit. Everyone was here, gathered on the terrace for breakfast, and the scent of fresh oranges was diffusing in the yellow heat. A symphony of their laughter and waves hitting the cliffs played in the air."That about sums up the scent much more eloquently than I could. I've been layering it with my Prada Infusion d'Iris in hopes of the above scene suddenly appearing in my kitchen. The postcard on the fridge will have to do for now.