Something has been troubling me lately. I find myself asking the same question over and over, with little resolution. The thought that's been gnawing at me? I simply cannot seem to decide which is better, Kiehl's Creme de Corps or Fresh Seaberry Lotion. To absolve myself of the beauty voices in my head and in the same vein of my Prove It! challenges, I'm launching a new initiative: Face Off.
Face Off will take two similar products and pit them against each other in order to compare the main selling points of each. The first Face Off falls under what I call the Basic Beauty category: body lotion. While it doesn't have the glitz and glam of a bold lipstick, a good body lotion can transform your skin and serves as a vital part of my personal daily beauty ritual. After recently discovering Kiehl's and Fresh's lotions, I fell for both of them pretty hard and now cannot seem to figure out which one to buy full size.
Allow me to introduce you to The Face Off contenders: Kiehl's Creme de Corps versus Fresh Seaberry Restorative Body Cream.
|Image from Birchbox.com|
- The formula has been popular for over 40 years old
- The phrase 'Creme de Corps' is a fancy aka French way of saying Body Cream
- Truly fragrance free
- Price ranges from $11-$70, from 2 oz to 1 liter; standard size is 8.4 oz at $29.50
- Star Ingredients: Squalane; Beta Carotene; Cocoa Butter; Sesame Oil
- Contains Parabens
|Image from Fresh.com|
- Seaberry Oil has been used as a natural cure for generations in Siberia, the childhood home of Fresh's co-founder Lev Glazmen
- The word Restorative in the title refers to seaberry oil's restorative properties
- Lightly scented with a lavender fragrance
- Price point is $28.50 for 8.12 oz; only available in one size
- Star Ingredients: Seaberry Oil; Cranberry Seed Oil; Sal Seed Butter; Sea Lavender (note: also contains squalane but this is not advertised as a "key" ingredient)