|When the sun goes down, so does my skincare routine|
1. Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil: Massaged onto dry skin, the oil lightly foams when rinsed off with mildly warm water and does a great job of removing eye and face makeup.
2. Meow Meow Tweet Face Cleanser: From a natural apothecary based in Brooklyn, this cream cleanser is made of "organic plant oils, a touch of castile soap and wild harvested witch hazel" to "lift away impurities while providing protective nutrients and vitamins." My skin feels clean but also ridiculously soft which is a difficult task post-cleanser for us dry-skinned ladies.
3. Mario Badescu Glycolic Cleansing Lotion: This is hands down the best toner I have ever used. It has forever answered the debate of whether you need to even use toner -- yes, if it's this one. My skin glows more, breaks out less, and is not the least bit dried out.
4. Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Eye Cream: Actually I just unearthed a sample of this eye cream and since my Amarte eye cream ran out, I haven't been ready to commit to a new one yet. I like that it really sinks in to the eye area immediately.
5. Vitivia Vitamin A15 capsules: With a small percentage (.15%) of retinol, I put this on "trouble areas" where I have fine lines or a breakout and have found with regular use these capsules really do subtly get the job done without irritating skin.
6. Violet Oasis Organic Moroccan Oil: Just a pinch of this light oil melts into my skin and leaves it feeling moisturized without a sticky residue. Some nights I use more than a small drop and use this as my main moisturizer.
7. Eucerin Q10 Anti-Wrinkle Sensitive Skin Cream: Although it appears thick in texture, this Eucerin creme is continuing its way in my summer routine because it easily absorbs into the skin and I wake up singing "I woke up like this" when I happen upon my reflection.
So there we have it, seven steps. That's pretty normal, right?